Kgaogelo Moagi, known professionally as Master KG and worldwide hitmaker of "Jerusalema" song, is a South African musician and record producer. Born and raised in Tzaneen, his debut studio album Skeleton Move achieved acclaim including an AFRIMMA Award for Best Artist/Group in the African Electro category. He is also known as the pioneer of "Bolobedu" dance. Born in 1996 (Aged 25 years in 2021) has a bright future in music career especially after the release of 'Jerusalema' ft. Nomcebo Zikode.
outh African DJ, producer, and singer Master KG blends tropical vibes, African rhythms, deep house grooves, and pop melodies to create a sound he calls “bolobedu house.”
• Growing up in the Limpopo province, Master KG started making beats on his uncle’s computer when he was 13.
• He sings in the Khelobedu language, spoken by the people of Limpopo.
• His 2018 debut album, Skeleton Move, was a hit across Africa. The title track earned Master KG the award for Best Artiste, Duo or Group in African Electro at the All Africa Music Awards.
• In 2020, his single “Jerusalema” went viral on social media, thanks in part to the #JerusalemaDanceChallenge. The song spawned remixes featuring Nigerian singer Burna Boy and others and charted in countries around the world.
• Thanks to the global popularity of “Jerusalema”—which surpassed 100 million video views—Master KG won Best African Act at the 2020 MTV EMAs.