1st Samuel Chapter 2 verse 2 Holy Bible
There is none holy as Jehovah; For there is none besides thee, Neither is there any rock like our God.
read chapter 2 in ASV
No other is holy as the Lord, for there is no other God but you: there is no Rock like our God.
read chapter 2 in BBE
There is none holy as Jehovah, for there is none beside thee, neither is there any rock like our God.
read chapter 2 in DARBY
There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
read chapter 2 in KJV
There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none besides thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
read chapter 2 in WBT
There is none holy as Yahweh; For there is none besides you, Neither is there any rock like our God.
read chapter 2 in WEB
There is none holy like Jehovah, For there is none save Thee, And there is no rock like our God.
read chapter 2 in YLT
1st Samuel 2 : 2 Bible Verse Songs
- I have No Other God But You by Nathaniel Bassey
- You are Holy by Proclaim Music
- You Are Holy - Prince Of Peace by Michael W. Smith
- No One Like Our God by Lincoln Brewster
- Holy - Who Can Compare by United Pursuit + Will Reagan
- None by Elevation Worship
- Wonderful Beautiful Glorious by UpperRoom Music
- Before You by Chevelle Franklyn
- Glory by Nashville Life Music
- No Rock Like Our God by Calvis Hammond
- Nobody Like You by Red Rocks Worship
- You Are God by Jermaine Gordon
- There Is No One by Jared Reynolds
- There is No Other Name by Common Hymnal
- My Rock by The Clark Family
- The Name We're Running To by Jon Egan
- No One But You by Brooke Ligertwood
- No One & You Really Are by Elevation Worship + Chandler Moore
- Nobody Greater Than You - Searched All Over by VaShawn Mitchell
- Holy by Tasha Cobbs
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers(2) Neither is there any rock.--This was a favourite simile among the inspired song-writers of Israel. The image, doubtless, is a memory of the long desert wandering. The steep precipices and the strange fantastic rocks of Sinai, standing up in the midst of the shifting desert sands, supplied an ever present picture of unchangeableness, of majesty, and of security. The term rock, as applied to God, is first found in the Song of Moses (Deuteronomy 32:4; Deuteronomy 32:15; Deuteronomy 32:18; Deuteronomy 32:30-31; Deuteronomy 32:37), where the juxtaposition of rock and salvation in 1Samuel 2:15--he lightly esteemed the rock of his salvation--seems to indicate that Hannah was acquainted with this song or national hymn of Moses. The same phrase is frequent in the Psalms. . . . Parallel Commentaries ...HebrewThere is no oneאֵין־ (’ên-)AdverbStrong's 369: A non-entity, a negative particleholyקָד֥וֹשׁ (qā·ḏō·wōš)Adjective - masculine singularStrong's 6918: Sacred, God, an angel, a saint, a sanctuarylike the LORD.כַּיהוָ֖ה (Yah·weh)Preposition-k | Noun - proper - masculine singularStrong's 3068: LORD -- the proper name of the God of IsraelIndeed,כִּ֣י (kî)ConjunctionStrong's 3588: A relative conjunction[there is] no oneאֵ֣ין (’ên)AdverbStrong's 369: A non-entity, a negative particlebesides You!בִּלְתֶּ֑ךָ (bil·te·ḵā)Preposition | second person masculine singularStrong's 1115: A failure of, not, except, without, unless, besides, because not, untilAnd there is noוְאֵ֥ין (wə·’ên)Conjunctive waw | AdverbStrong's 369: A non-entity, a negative particlerockצ֖וּר (ṣūr)Noun - masculine singularStrong's 6697: A cliff, a rock, boulder, a refuge, an edgelike our God.כֵּאלֹהֵֽינוּ׃ (kê·lō·hê·nū)Preposition-k | Noun - masculine plural construct | first person common pluralStrong's 430: gods -- the supreme God, magistrates, a superlativeJump to PreviousBesides Holy Indeed Rock Save